Phone: +47 22 00 47 68 /
- IPCC AR5 in Europe How does IPCC influence decision-making? This research project seeks to find out.
- PITCH PITCH focuses on how governance, values and norms and organizations are important preconditions for societal transformation to happen in a climate change context.
- Integration of Power Transmission Grids The primary objective of this project is to generate new knowledge about the institutional, technological, and economical, challenges related to the transformation of transmission power grids across Europe to make way for greater energy systems integration that, in turn, can facilitate longterm, sustainable restructuring of European countries' energy systems, efficient use of renewable energy sources, power system flexibility, and further increasing the shares of renewable energy. This new knowledge is useful for informing decision makers in policy and industry in a time of farreaching change in European power systems.
- Sis-klimat- Climate transitions in the Norwegian food system How can the Norwegian food production - consumption system be changed towards sustainable production of more climate friendly food? This overarching question targets opportunities for climate change adaptation and emission reductions, but also looks for co-benefits for, and stronger links between, producers and consumers.
- CONSEED This research project investigates how we can encourage consumers to buy the most energy-efficient appliances, houses and cars. Can information on monetary savings guide us towards greener purchases?
- The International Context for Norway's Transition to a Low Emissions Economy How will shifts in international climate policy change the conditions for Norway's transition to a low emissions economy?
- Energy efficiency labels: how to make them useful for consumers? The CONSEED project will examine how important energy efficiency information is when consumers buy a new electric appliance, a car or a house.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- J. David Tàbara, Asunción St Clair, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2017 Transforming communication and knowledge production processes to address high-end climate change Environmental Science and Policy, Elsevier Science, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Desmond McNeill, Sjur Kasa, Raoni Rajao, 2017 Co-operation or co-optation? NGOs' roles in Norway's international climate and forest initiative Forests, MDPI AG, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 I Will Write a Letter and Change the World The Knowledge Base Kick-Starting Norway’s Rainforest Initiative Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies, NTNU, Department for Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 Policy window entrepreneurship: the backstage of the world’s largest REDD+ initiative Environmental Politics, EN
- Göran Sundqvist, Ingemar Bohlin, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearley, 2015 Formalization and separation: A systematic basis for interpreting approaches to summarizing science for climate policy Social Studies of Science, SAGE Publications Ltd., EN
- Steffen Kallbekken, Håkon Sælen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2013 Bridging the Energy Efficiency Gap: A Field Experiment on Lifetime Energy Costs and Household Appliances Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer Netherlands, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2017 Rigor and Relevance: Navigating the Climate Science-Policy Nexus EN
- Elisabeth Lannoo, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 REPORT 2015. From science to policy: How to improve the dialogue. EN
- Sjur Kasa, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2014 Climate Policy Constraints and NGO Entrepreneurship: The Story of Norway’s Leadership in REDD+ Financing- Working Paper 389 EN