Telefon: +47 22 00 47 67 /
Bob is a biologist working across the natural and social sciences.
His research and interests include climatic- and societal driven change in ecosystem services and livelihoods, changes in the food-value chain (from agriculture and production to consumption), socio-economic scenarios and pathways, and climate services (how to make research more relevant, understandable and applicable). His geographical focus and projects on these topics covers the Himalayas, Norway and the Nordic countries and the Arctic.
- CiXPAG - Interaction of Climate Extremes, Air Pollution and Agro-ecosystems Future food production, and consequently food security, is very sensitive to both climate change and air pollution. So far, little is known about how climate extremes and ozone pollution interact to affect agriculture or about the relative effectiveness of climate change adaptation and ozone regulation measures for various crops and regions.
- The Himalayan Climate Change Adaptation Programme (HICAP) HICAP is a collaboration between three organisations – CICERO, ICIMOD, and GRID-Arendal. The programme aims to enhance the resilience of mountain communities, and particularly of women, through improved understanding of vulnerabilities, opportunities, and potentials for adaptation.
- ECONOR III – The Economy of the North 2015 The Arctic is vulnerable to natural and global economic changes. Global warming creates opportunities for new economic activities in resource extraction and shipping, while at the same time threatening traditional livelihoods.
- SIS Future Africa - Co-production of climate services in South Africa and Tanzania The core idea of this project is the production of climate information through the co-production of climate services. However, the type of and need for climate information depend very much on the location, sector and livelihood of People.
- ClimateFood - Climate transitions in the Norwegian food system How can the Norwegian food production - consumption system be changed towards sustainable production of more climate friendly food? This overarching question targets opportunities for climate change adaptation and emission reductions, but also looks for co-benefits for, and stronger links between, producers and consumers.
- Norwegian Dairy and Meat climate footprints This project reviews the current literature on meat, milk and dairy, with a special focus on Norway. To understand differences in reported emissions, we explain the variation in methodological approaches such as division over co-products, functional unit selection, and system boundaries
- CLINF: Climate-change effects on the epidemiology of infectious diseases Climate change is first and foremost felt in the northern regions where the rate and magnitude are the greatest. What happens in the Arctic will impact the rest of the world. In a changing climate, ecological alterations will affect the geographical boundaries of microorganisms with the capacity to cause diseases in humans and animals.
- TOPDAD Our mission is to develop tools which will help businesses and regional governments find the best strategies to adapt to climate change. ToPDAd focuses on the energy, transport and tourism sectors in particular.
Publikasjoner og formidling ved CICERO
- J. Phillips, Joana Magos Brehm, Bob van Oort, Åsmund Asdal, Morten Rasmussen, Nigel Maxted, 2017 Climate change and national crop wild relative conservation planning Ambio, Kungl. Vetenskapsakademien, EN
- N. J. C. Tyler, Pablo Gregorini, Mads C. Forchhammer, Karl-Arne Stokkan, Bob van Oort, David Hazlerigg, 2016 Behavioral timing without clockwork: Photoperiod-dependent trade-off between predation hazard and energy balance in an Arctic ungulate Journal of Biological Rhythms, SAGE Publications Ltd., EN
- Laxmi Dutt Bhatta, Bob van Oort, Nigel E. Stork, Himlal Baral, 2015 Ecosystem services and livelihoods in a changing climate: Understanding local adaptations in the Upper Koshi, Nepal International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management, Sapiens Publishing - Taylor & Francis, EN
- Roland Jansson, Christer Nilsson, E.Carina H. Keskitalo, Tatiana Viasova, Marja-Liisa Sutinen, Jon Moen, Stuart Chapin, Kari Anne Bråthen, Mar Cabeza, Terry V. Callaghan, Bob van Oort, Halvor Dannevig, Ingrid Agathe Bay-Larsen, Rolf Anker Ims, Paul Eric Aspholm, 2015 Future changes in the supply of goods and services from natural ecosystems: prospects for the European north Ecology & society, EN
- Halvor Dannevig, Ingrid Agathe Bay-Larsen, Bob van Oort, Carina Keskitalo, 2015 Adaptive capacity to changes in terrestrial ecosystem services amongst primary small-scale resource users in northern Norway and Sweden Polar Geography, EN
- Bob van Oort, Laxmi Dutt Bhatta, Himlal Baral, Rajesh Kumar Rai, Madhav Dhakal, Ieva Rucevska, Ramesh K. Adhikari, 2015 Assessing community values to support mapping of ecosystem services in the Koshi river basin, Nepal Ecosystem Services, EN
- Marianne Karlsson, Bob van Oort, Bård Romstad, 2015 What we have lost and cannot become: Societal outcomes of coastal erosion in southern Belize Ecology & society, EN
- Karoliina Pilli-Sihvola, Bob van Oort, Inger Hanssen-Bauer, Markku Ollikainen, Markku Rummukainen, Heikki Tuomenvirta, 2015 Communication and Use of Climate Scenarios for Climate Change Adaptation in Finland, Sweden and Norway Local Environment : the International Journal of Justice and Sustainability, Routledge, EN
- Eivind Uleberg, Inger Hanssen-Bauer, Bob van Oort, Sigridur Dalmannsdottir, 2014 Impact of climate change on agriculture in Northern Norway and potential strategies for adaptation Climatic Change, Kluwer Academic Publishers, EN
- Laxmi Dutt Bhatta, Bob van Oort, Ieva Rucevska, Himlal Baral, 2014 Payment for ecosystem services: Possible instrument for managing ecosystem services in Nepal International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management, Sapiens Publishing - Taylor & Francis, EN
- Walter N. Meier, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Bob van Oort, Jeffrey R. Key, Kit M. Kovacs, Christine Michel, Christian Haas, Mats A. Granskog, Sebastian Gerland, Donald K. Perovich, Alexander, P. Makshtas, James D Reist, 2014 Arctic sea ice in transformation: A review of recent observed changes and impacts on biology and human activity Reviews of geophysics, American Geophysical Union (AGU), EN
- Petra Tschakert, Bob van Oort, Asuncion St. Clair, Armando Lamadrid, 2013 Inequality and transformation analyses: a complementary lens for addressing vulnerability to climate change Climate and Development, EN
- Grete K. Hovelsrud, Birger Poppel, Bob van Oort, James D Reist, 2011 Arctic Societies, Cultures, and Peoples in a Changing Cryosphere Ambio, Kungl. Vetenskapsakademien, EN
- Bob van Oort, Robbie Andrew, 2016 Climate Footprints of Norwegian Dairy and Meat – a Synthesis EN
- Asbjørn Torvanger, Christian Bjørnæs, Harald Francke Lund, Bob van Oort, 2016 Visjoner av lavkarbon Norge NB
- Rose Bergslid, Sissel Hansen, Arnar Lyche, Ulf Ullring, Bob van Oort, Ola Flaten, 2016 Storfe, driftssystem og klima NB
- Bob van Oort, Maiken Bjørkan, Elena M. Klyuchnikova, 2015 Future narratives for two locations in the Barents region EN
- Bob van Oort, 2014 Climate projections for local adaptation in the Hindu-Kush Himalayas EN
- Bob van Oort, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Halvor Dannevig, Stine Rybråten, 2012 NORADAPT Community Adaptation and Vulnerability in Norway NO
- Hans Asbjørn Aaheim, Halvor Dannevig, Tom Ericsson, Bob van Oort, Linda Innbjør, Trude Rauken, Haakon Vennemo, h Johansen, m* Tofteng, Carlo Aall, Kyrre Groven, Eli Heiberg, 2009 Konsekvenser av klimaendringer, tilpasning og sårbarhet i Norge. Rapport til Klimatilpasningsutvalget NO
- Arun Bhakta Shrestha, Nand Kishor Agrawal, Bjørn Alfthan, Sagar Ratna Bajracharya, Judith Marechal, Bob van Oort, 2015 The Himalayan Climate and Water Atlas: Impact of climate change on water resources in five of Asia’s major river basins. EN
- Utfordrende tilpasning i nord Lengre vekstsesong, kortere skisesong og ambisiøse klimapolitiske tiltak er noe av det befolkningen i Nord-Norge kan vente seg i framtiden. Forskere vil finne ut hvilke forutsetninger utmarksnæringen i nord har for å kunne tilpasse seg de utfordringene som venter.
- Én region – store forskjeller Lokale endringer i mindre samfunn i Himalaya-regionen kan gi et bilde av kompleksiteten i regionen.